[Wien] Structure Factors and unit cell content

Georg Eickerling georg.eickerling at physik.uni-augsburg.de
Wed Feb 15 09:59:09 CET 2006

Dear WIEN users,

I am trying to calculate structure factors for a carbide contaning Sc and Fe.
The spacegroup of the compound is Immm (No. 71), i.e. I have a orthorhomic,
b-centered cell. There are 1 Fe, 2 Sc and 4 C Atoms in the asymmetric unit,
the atoms are located at the special positions 2b(Fe), 2d(Sc1), 4i(sc2) and
8l(C). The complete cell-content is 2Fe, 6Sc and 8C.

The calculations converged without problems and the structure looks fine when
I plot it using xcrysden.

Then I tried to calculate a HKL File using lapw3. In the output I obtain an
F000 value of 113 which is the sum of 3xSc, 1xFe and 4xC. This is the content
of the reduced primitive, not body-centered cell.

Is there a way to make lapw3 use the complete b-centered cell for the
calculation of the Intensities so they are directly comparable with
experimental data ?

Thank you for any help !

Georg