[Wien] Structure Factors and unit cell content

Semen Gorfman sgorfman at rz.uni-potsdam.de
Wed Feb 15 12:15:04 CET 2006

Hi Georg!

Sorry, I just thought that you meant B-centered cell [1/2, 0, 1/2].
For the case of a body centered one the extinction rules should be
exactly as you wrote it.

Which lattice parameters do you have in your case.struct file? Are
they really "orthorhombic"? It might be that you defined the primitive
unit cell, which is related to the orthorhombic cell as [1,0,0],
[0,1,0], [1/2,1/2,1/2]. It does not look to be the case since you told
that extinction rules are fulfilled in lapw3 output file, but
anyway...
There are very often some unclear things happen in WIEN2k "symmetry"
block when it comes to the definition non-primitive cells like body
centered or face-cenetred.

Best regards
Semen