[Wien] Computer resources for a 64-processor cluster

ROBERTO LUIS IGLESIAS PASTRANA roberto at uniovi.es
Tue Feb 28 12:19:33 CET 2006

Hi all!

I could not find in the FAQs or in the mailing list whether this question has been answered before or not, so please excuse me if I am asking something that has been asked before
We've got a 64-processor cluster at my institution and the administrator wants to know which will be the RAM and disk space usage and the CPU time needed for the parallelization jobs we intend to perform. Basically, we aim at studying energetics involving both strucural and volume relaxation in magnetic binary alloy systems, through a supercell approach. I know that NMATMAX should be larger than 10000, in order to use fine grain parallelization, but I have never performed it myself, so I don't really have an estimation on the above parameters.
If anybody is willing to help, I would be much grateful.

Roberto Iglesias