[Wien] Using in1new option

Stefaan Cottenier Stefaan.Cottenier at fys.kuleuven.be
Tue Jan 31 10:28:59 CET 2006

Hard to give a full answer without knowing the kind of TM and its
position, but inspection of your in1-files shows the following:

* there is probably no compelling reason to use in1new, as the new
global linearization energy of 0.31 Ry is almost identical to the
default one (0.30 Ry)

* Probably atom 2 and 4 are your metal? Both schemes treat it in the
same way, with an s and p LO.

* Ga is treated differently. This is the default scheme:

2   -1.09      0.010 CONT 1
 2    0.30      0.000 CONT 1
 0    0.30      0.000 CONT 1
 1    0.30      0.000 CONT 1

and this is in1new:

0    0.081     0.000 CONT 1
 0   -0.555     0.000 CONT 1
 1    0.259     0.000 CONT 1
 2    0.266     0.000 CONT 1
 2   -0.516     0.000 CONT 1

The latter has an extra s-LO.

I would check whether the default esepermin and esper0 are correct for
your case. If not, put better values and see whether now you get the
same moments as with the default linearization. If the results are still
different, then the problem is probably not with linearization, but with
 a different starting situation (i.e. you might have stabilized a
high-spin solution in one case, a low-spin solution in the other case --
the total energy will then tell you which of both is the ground state).

Stefaan