[Wien] Effective mass calculations

Vladimir Timochevski vladimir at physics.mcgill.ca
Fri Jul 21 17:35:05 CEST 2006

Bonjour, Florent!

I faced this problem once for GaAsN alloys. At that time I did it in a
very fast and simple way - just calculated band energies in certain
directions  and approximated them near Gamma by a polynomial
decomposition (with Mathematica). Chebyshev polinomials are excellent
for this approximation. After that you can calculate effective masses
analytically ...
The results appeared to be quite nice. You can see in PRB  *70, *035315
(2004).
Or, you can use a more sophisticated technique, as proposed before ...

Amicalement,
Vladimir.