[Wien] LSDA+U on Yb compounds

Stefaan Cottenier Stefaan.Cottenier at fys.kuleuven.be
Wed Jul 26 17:02:52 CEST 2006

Can you verify explicitely whether you have 13 or 14 4f-electrons? Do
this by looking at the partial charges for f (:QTL), or by summing the
diagonal elements of the up and dn density matrices, or by looking at
the value of the integrated partial f-dos at the fermi level in
case.outputt (and preferably do it by all three methods, they should
give the same answer).

If you really have 14 electrons, you might have ended up with divalent
Yb. If you have 13 electrons, perhaps your unoccupied state is diffuse
and not at first sight recognizable as a peak.

Stefaan