[Wien] Re: Charge for spin-polarized case

John Appleton banger_deep at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 7 19:15:48 CEST 2006

  Dear Prof. P. Blaha,
  thank you for your prompt response. Should I do the same thing if I want compute the "difference densities" to see chemical bonding (DIFF option in case.in5)

  P. Blaha wrote:

  In spinpolarized cases x lapw5 -up   reads mandatory from case.clmvalup.
It also tries to read from case.clmvaldn, and if this file is present, it
subtracts (or adds) the density of these two files.
Thus you can easily calculate the "total valence density" (the sum of up+dn)
or the "spin-density (which is the difference of up-dn)

Somebody wanted to plot ONLY the spin-up density. In this case
mv case.clmvaldn case.clmvaldn_save      (or similar).
x lapw5 -up     reads now ONLY clmvalup and thus plots the spin-up density.

And vice versa for spin-dn ...