[Wien] A Question...

Torsten Andersen thor at physik.uni-kl.de
Wed Jun 14 08:29:14 CEST 2006

Dear Jack,

I believe you should be able to use 127.0.0.1 as your network.

Apart from this, I also believe that any computer that Wien2k can run on
has a network card in it (it is a "wide phone jack" on the back of the
PC, usually under or over the USB ports). If it has, you may also
configure it to any address, like 192.168.10.10.

The network is only needed for w2web, and it does not have to be
physically connected to a network, hence I believe that the loopback
device (127.0.0.1) would be enough.

On a LINUX system, the loopback device always exist, and you can connect
to it as to a normal network (try, e.g., telnet or ssh).

Best regards,
Torsten Andersen.

Jack Stean wrote:
> Dear Users,
>
> I am trying to install wien2k on my PC at home.but I
> dont have network card.just a modem connected to
> internet. Is it possible to run wien without such a
> card? and if I have to use this card where its output
> would be connected(there is no network at home!)
>
> yours
> jack

Dr. Torsten Andersen        TA-web: http://deep.at/myspace/
AG Hübner, Department of Physics, Kaiserslautern University
http://cmt.physik.uni-kl.de    http://www.physik.uni-kl.de/