[Wien] LAPW2 looping indefinitely

Roberto Iglesias roberto.iglesias at psi.ch
Mon Jun 19 14:40:34 CEST 2006

Dear all,

sorry for being back again with this problem. I'm pretty sure it is not
a compiler problem, but it may be a library one. How can I recompile
lapack_lapw with a lower optimization, as Torsten suggested in his
previous answer?
And also: instead of using the binaries from the installation that
works, which is not on a PC, but on a central server, wouldn't it be
better to use the pre-compiled WIEN2k executables?
And finally: I cannot use other compiler different from pgf, because it
is the one supported at our institute and I don't even have the proper
mkl libraries installed on my PC. But in the server I mentioned the
compiler and library settings are exactly the same and the system
terminates the SCF cycle without indefinitely looping in lapw2.

Thanks for your help!

Roberto