[Wien] Is the valure of cohesive energy correct for VSi2?

georg@chem.au.dk georg at chem.au.dk
Fri Jun 23 09:40:59 CEST 2006

Hi

Well, that depends whether it is pr atom pr unit cell or whatever. Some typical
values for small systems can be found in PRB, 57, p2134.

One thing that you should be aware of is that the method for calculating atomic
energies that is in the FAQ requries very large matrix sizes.
If you do an atom with Rkmax=9 and Rmt=2 in a 30x30x30 FCC unit cell it
corresponds to an matrix size larger than 10000 (which requires at least 1Gb
memory). Is your NMATMAX correctly set for this? Otherwise it will have been
reduced. Watch out for warnings in the scf file.

 Best wishes
   well-beloved Georg

--
Georg Madsen