[Wien] Error: undefined symbol: __intel_cpu_indicator

L. D. Marks L-marks at northwestern.edu
Wed Mar 1 18:30:06 CET 2006

This routine is called to see what cpu is present so appropriate versions
of optimized code can be used, see
http://www.linuxjournal.com/node/4885/print (and/or google
__intel_cpu_indicator).

On Wed, 1 Mar 2006, Gerhard H Fecher wrote:

> It seems not to be a subroutine that is in any of the static Intel libraries.
> the cpuid is usually set in libmkl_ia32 (old Pentium or Xeon), libmkl_i2p
> (Itanium), or libmkl_em64t (new Pentium or Xeon).
> However, the subroutine may be defined with different name in the object file.
> In this case I expect that the wrong dynamic libryrry may cause the error.
>
> Anyway, I do not see why to link lapack dynamically but not blas, both can be
> linked savely static.
> The only problem with dynamic linking is libpthread.

Note: if you have an old email address for me, please note that "nwu" has
been changed to "northwestern".
Laurence Marks
MSE Rm 2036 Cook Hall
2220 N Campus Drive