[Wien] Problem of NFS config

L. D. Marks L-marks at northwestern.edu
Mon Mar 6 14:53:57 CET 2006

This could be the asleep NFS bug.
a) Check :ITE in your case.scf file, and check that it is increasing.
b) Do you have lapw0: ... in your machines file? If so, remove it and try
again.
c) Check your kernel, i.e. uname -a. The bug is in kernels 2.6.X compiled
before November 2005.

If none of the above, look at your case.dayfile for anything strange and
also the terminal log (or email if you used at). Sometimes program crashes
don't stop the run. Also do an rlogin to the other computer and check with
ldd that the library paths are being correctly found.

On Mon, 6 Mar 2006, æ~]~Né~G~Qèµ~_ wrote:

> Dear WIEN2k users:
> I want to use k-point parallelization, and I use two copmuters for test.
> System of both are RedHat Fedora Core 4. I configured Remote login and
> NFS server, and they seem working well. But when I do some test using
> example fcc Ni which coule be find in WIEN2k userguide, problem come
> out. The result is different from the result in userguide (MMINT:
> -0.03130, MMI001:0.66198, MMTOT:0.63068). My result is :
>
> :MMINT: MAGNETIC MOMENT IN INTERSTITIAL =   -0.04720
> :MMI001: MAGNETIC MOMENT IN SPHERE   1    =    0.99199
> :MMTOT: TOTAL MAGNETIC MOMENT IN CELL   =    0.94479
>
> But another result without k-point parallelization is same as userguide.
> I suppose it is NFS config problem. I wonder what is the correct NFS
> config. Here is my NFS config:
>
> exports:
> /home/wien2k/data              192.168.0.6(rw,async)
>

> fstab:
> ..
> 192.168.0.22:/home/wien2k/data    /home/wien2k/data    nfs
> rw,rsize=8192,wsize=8192,actimeo=2

Note: if you have an old email address for me, please note that "nwu" has
been changed to "northwestern".
Laurence Marks
MSE Rm 2036 Cook Hall
2220 N Campus Drive