[Wien] Testing convergence with size for a surface

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Wed Mar 15 14:34:17 CET 2006

I only know from literature a similar problem when calculating the surface
energy  (E-slab - n*E_bulk). This suffers from the same numerical
uncertainty and if I remember correctly, people use an extrapolation
procedure using 2 or 3 different slab thicknesses to extrapolate to
"infinite" thickness WITHOUT using the bulk energy.
Please check the exact procedure in literature.