[Wien] fortran compiler for linux on ppc64

Torsten Andersen thor at physik.uni-kl.de
Tue Mar 21 08:11:10 CET 2006

Dear Holger,

Which PPC? I believe there is a version of the IBM Fortran (xlf), which
on IBM's AIX is quite good, but I don't know how it works under Linux.
Be sure to get the corresponding BLAS libraries (essl).

Best regards,
Torsten Andersen.

Holger Kleinke wrote:
> Hallo,
>
>  has anyone experience with compiling the wien codes under linux
> (ubuntu) on a power-pc? Apparently there are some issues with g95 even
> on PC's. Are there ifc/ifort-versions for ppc64?
>   I installed the pre-compiled exe files (knowing that they would be
> slow at best), but they do not run - error message: wrong architecture.
> Thanks,
> Holger

Dr. Torsten Andersen        TA-web: http://deep.at/myspace/
AG Hübner, Department of Physics, Kaiserslautern University
http://cmt.physik.uni-kl.de    http://www.physik.uni-kl.de/