[Wien] Fermi enregy for Gerhard !!

L. D. Marks L-marks at northwestern.edu
Wed Mar 22 14:09:30 CET 2006

If you use "TEMP" in case.in2 the Fermi energy is the correct value, i.e.
that for a Fermi-Dirac distribution. Otherwise the Fermi energy is the
energy of the highest occupied band.

On Wed, 22 Mar 2006, Benali Ben wrote:

> dear Gerhard;
>
> The significance of the gap energy is the width between the maximun band of valance and the minimum of the band conduction. Cette value is underestimated by the LDA or the GGA implemented in the wien2k (this is not that some rumour but it's real knowledge). what I desired knowledge if Fermi energy depends of the gap energy!!
>
> Ciao
>
> benali
>

> ---------------------------------
> Nouveau : téléphonez moins cher avec Yahoo! Messenger ! Découvez les tarifs exceptionnels pour appeler la France et l'international.Téléchargez la version beta.

Note: if you have an old email address for me, please note that "nwu" has
been changed to "northwestern".
Laurence Marks
MSE Rm 2036 Cook Hall
2220 N Campus Drive