[Wien] fortran compiler for linux on ppc64

TPCwien at mklab.ph.rhul.ac.uk TPCwien at mklab.ph.rhul.ac.uk
Fri Mar 24 18:56:42 CET 2006

> We have tried g95 more than a year ago anditwas not ok. I remember another
> user had tried it a few month ago (3-4), also unsucsesfully.

Quite a lot of work has been done on g95 since 3 months ago.  See
www.g95.org for an idea of the rate of bugfixing on this project.  Again,
I would urge Wien users to communicate g95 problems to Andy Vaught instead
of going to another compiler.  OSS development relies on user feedback!
I'd be prepared to investigate myself but as I understand it, my
subscription to Wien95 does not cover the upgrade to the new apw+lo? code.
I'm not currently involved in any electronic structure calculation work and
cannot justify the resubscription cost just to test compiler problems.

Regards
Tom.

CCed: Andy Vaught (nb: this discussion is from the Wien mailing list,
		   http://www.wien2k.at/reg_user/mailing_list/)

--
Tom Crane, Dept. Physics, Royal Holloway, University of London, Egham Hill,
Egham, Surrey, TW20 0EX, England.
Email:  T.Crane at rhul.ac.uk
Fax:    +44 (0) 1784 472794