[Wien] How to calculate the electron density plots of specific bands

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Wed Mar 29 08:37:35 CEST 2006

At least when bands are crossing a lot, it does not make sense to speak
about the density of a specific band, becuase they might have
very different characters anyway.

You should plot bands from a specific energy region, uusally selected
according to regions in the DOS.

edit case.in2 and specify a selective EMIN, but also "ALL" with a specific
"eval" as upper bound. (see UG)

With this method you can calculate the density of arbitrarily small
E-regions, and of course therefore also of one single k-point.