[Wien] Anyone has benchmarked Wien2k on AMD Athlon 64 X2?

nluo at uiuc.edu nluo at uiuc.edu
Fri Mar 31 21:52:30 CEST 2006

---- Original message ----
<wien at zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at>

>lstart does not allow to use E-cut .lt. -10 Ry, because I'd
consider this
>"not normal" and "not recommended".
>
>There is no difference in a specification of
>
>He 3
>2s
>2p
>3s
>
>or
>
>Ne 1
>3s
>
>Both yields the same states for lstart. Only vie Ecut you
can make a
>selection and define what the core states for the scf
calculaton should
>be. And as mentioned before, only values above -10 are
allowed.

>(Otherwise you must modify case.inc and in1/2 yourself.)
>
>> The problem is that in my crystal Si has 2s has  ~ -10.2
Ry. If I want cutoff
>> core level between 1s ans 2s lstart does not accept any
value above -10 Ry.
>> How does one get around this problem? I thought modifying
inst to create a He
>> core would do the job.
>> Thanks once again,
>> Look forward to your suggestions,
>> Best wishes,
>> Chandrika
>> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Stefaan Cottenier"
>> <Stefaan.Cottenier at fys.kuleuven.be>
<wien at zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at>
>> Sent: Friday, March 31, 2006 2:51 PM
>> Subject: Re: [Wien] inst file editing

then what would be the
using instgen?

>> > At least the '5' is redundant (specified the XC-
functional for the free atom
>> > calculation in lstart). According to the UG, also
the '3' seems to be
>> > redundant now (twice this number is the total number of
following lines).

>> > To the authors: to avoid confusion in the future,
couldn't instgen be
>> > modified such that '3 5' etc. are not printed any more?
(provided that the
>> > '3' is indeed redundant, but I see lstart does not
complain and works
>> > correctly if it is missing). Similarly, the '6' could
then be omitted in the
>> > example case.inst at page 72 of the UG.
>> >
>> > About generating a case.inst with more explicit states
mentioned: see below
>> > (you could get inspiration by applying instgen to
Carbon). Why exactly do
>> > you need this? If you want to consider more previous
core states as valence

http://www.kuleuven.be/cwis/email_disclaimer.htm

>                                      P.Blaha
>Peter BLAHA, Inst.f. Materials Chemistry, TU Vienna, A-1060
Vienna
http://info.tuwien.ac.at/theochem/