[Wien] opteron compile problem

Zhang Yongsheng zhang at fhi-berlin.mpg.de
Wed May 3 17:07:04 CEST 2006

Dear all,

Now, I am trying to compile wien2k on AMD-Opteron-64 machine (Red Hat
Linux 3.2.3-42). My Wien2k version is WIEN2k_04.6 (Release 21/06/2004).
The fortran and C compiler in the machine is pgf90 and gcc,
respectively. Actually, I use the recommend compiler option:
current:FOPT:-Mfreeform -fast -Kieee
current:FPOPT:-Mfreeform -fast -Kieee
current:LDFLAGS:-L../SRC_lib
current:DPARALLEL:'-DParallel'
current:R_LIBS:-llapack_lapw -lblas
current:RP_LIBS:-L /usr/local/SCALAPACK -L /usr/local/BLACS/LIB -lpblas
-lredist -ltools -lscalapack-lfblacs -lblacs -lmpi

The compile worked fine based on the above option. While the problem was
coming, when I try to do a samll test, Pd bulk. The first iteration can
work, but it will stop at the "x lapw1" in the second iteration, due to
SELECT - ERROR. Actually, it should not be hapened. Because, I did the
same system on other linux cluster, which use optimum compiler option.
Everything was fine. It coveraged very well. On the other hand, I find
:DIS of the first iteration for the two test, are totally different, one
is 1.7, another is 0.4. Also, I compare the input files of the two
cases, all case.in* files are same. While, in case.outputkgen the
SYMMETRY MATRIX NR 1 and 2 are different:

<         0    0    1              0    0   -1           <==== on opteron
<         3    5   -1             -3   -5    1
<       -21    0    0             21    0    0
---
 >        12   12   24            -12  -12  -24     <==== on other
machine
 >        12   12   24            -12  -12  -24
 >        12   12   24            -12  -12  -24

And, I think the most importan difference is in case.outputd.
 Charge decomposition for atom  Pd
   total, MT, tail, MT+tail charge

 < 46.00000  43.55832  -1.02679  42.53153         <==== on opteron
 < tail charge in MT for atom   Pd             -1.06957
---
 >   46.00000  43.55832   2.44181  46.00013        <==== on other machine
 >    tail charge in MT for atom   Pd              0.22715

Would you please show me the optimum compile option?
Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Yongsheng Zhang

--

Best Regards,

Yongsheng Zhang

Address:  Fritz-Haber-Institut, Abt. Theorie
          Faradayweg 4-6 D-14195 Berlin (Germany)
Phone:    +49 30 8413 4818
Fax:      +49 30 8413 4701
Email:    zhang at fhi-berlin.mpg.de