[Wien] Question: geometry optimization: constrains

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Thu May 4 07:45:58 CEST 2006

WIEN2k cannot do this itself.
The way to proceed is to change min_lapw and add a small extra program.
min_lapw extracts the forces and creates case.finM

  grep :FGL $file.scf | tail -$natom | cut -c29-91 >> $file.finM

Here you have to insert a small program which reads the forces, and
projects out the desired force components and writes them back into
case.finM
In case.inM use NEW1, this should then move the atoms only in the desired
plane.

PS: If you have something more "general", I would be interested to add
this to the WIEN2k distribution.