[Wien] Optical conductivity of BCC Fe with (001 ) magnetization direction.

shouxincui shouxincui shxincui at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 12 04:34:35 CET 2006

Dear WIEN2k user,

I am confused in calculating the magneto-optical properties of BCC Fe with (001 ) magnetization direction.

In our calculation the spectra of refraction coefficient qualitatively agree with the experimental data, and the spectra of imaginary part of the conductivity xy component is also qualitatively agree with the other author¡¯s results. But the spectra of real part of the xy component is not matches with published results. The followings are our input files: case.in1, case.inso and case.in2.

Please tell me how to correct our results.

Fe.in1

FFIL        (WFPRI, SUPWF)

  7.00       10    4 (R-MT*K-MAX; MAX L IN WF, V-NMT

  0.30    5  0      (GLOBAL E-PARAMETER WITH n OTHER CHOICES, global APW/LAPW)

 0    0.30      0.000 CONT 1

 0   -6.50      0.005 STOP 1

 1    0.30      0.000 CONT 1

 1   -3.97      0.005 STOP 1

 2    0.30      0.010 CONT 1

K-VECTORS FROM UNIT:4   -8.0       1.5      emin/emax window

Fe.in2

TOT             (TOT,FOR,QTL,EFG,FERMI)

      -9.0      16.0 0.50 0.05                EMIN, NE, ESEPERMIN, ESEPER0

TETRA    0.000          (GAUSS,ROOT,TEMP,TETRA,ALL      eval)

  0 0  4 0  4 4  6 0  6 4

 14.          GMAX

NOFILE        FILE/NOFILE  write recprlist

Fe.inso

WFFIL

 6  1  0                      llmax,ipr,kpot

 -10.0000   1.50000           emin,emax (output energy window)

   0.  0.  1.                 direction of magnetization (lattice vectors)

 0                           number of atoms for which RLO is added

 0   -4.97      0.005       atom number,e-lo,de (case.in1), repeat NX times

 0 0 0 0 0                    number of atoms for which SO is switch off; atoms

With warm regards,

Haiquan Hu

School of Physics Science & Information Engineering

Liaocheng University, Shandong Province,China