[Wien] about Murnaghan's EOS equation

段鹤 duanhe at mail.sitp.ac.cn
Wed Nov 15 02:34:16 CET 2006

Dear Prof. Stefaan,

I would like to very much thank you for your detailed expainations. But I'am
still a little confused regarding why the Murnaghan EOS equation can be
widely used as the fitting functions for evaluating the equilibrium lattice
constant in most First-princiles code. Probably this equation is more
appropriate formula mathematically and meaningful in a physical sense
compared with other equations. Could you please tell me in a little more
details about this? Also is there any references? Thank you very much.
With best regards,

He Duan, PhD
Room 24309, National Laboratory for Infrared Physics
Institute of Technical Physics
Chinese Academy of Sciences
500 Yutian Road
Shanghai, 200083, China