[Wien] Can Wien2k use with virtual crystal or pseudo atom?

ebruno@unime.it ebruno at unime.it
Thu Nov 30 11:18:25 CET 2006

Actually there is the Coherent Potential Approximation that is designed for this purpose.
The VCA is not making any sense as people realized many years ago, you can read a review
on these topics in Bruno E. et al, Phys. Rep. 249, 353 (1994). Unfortunately, the CPA cannot
be implemented in Wien2k.  However there are many efficient implementations of the
algorithms in KKR or LMTO codes (see, e.g., Bruno, E and Ginatempo, B., Phys. Rev. B 55,
12946 (1997)).
Ezio Bruno

Professor Ezio Bruno
Dipartimento di Fisica