[Wien] TEMP option

John Appleton banger_deep at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 8 21:05:05 CEST 2006

Dear WIEN2k users,

  when I run a job, I sometimes get warnings about
  electron number conservation (expecially
  in isolated atom computations). If I switch
  from tetra to temp in case.in2, by setting
  TEMP to 0.005, the problem stops and
  everything is fine. I want to know if the
  various methods for determining Ef have
  any effects on the details of the electronic
  structure (e.g. total energy and DOS).
  How does one choose a
  good value for TEMP or TEMPS.
   Also when you read articles, they
  say that TEMP is used to reduce the number
  k-points needed in the first BZ. Why?
  Finally is it allowed to used  RMTs
  (say 1.1 and 2.4) for a particular problem
  which differ by 60% even if there are no ghost bands
  warnings?

  Thank you.

  J. Appleton