[Wien] How to set U in LDA+U when computing the energy gap of HgTe

心 陈 qfchenxin at yahoo.com.cn
Tue Oct 17 13:40:21 CEST 2006

Dear users:
       An article in PRB says: the energy gap of HgTe is -0.3  .I use LDA+U to plot the energy band through adjusting U.But I didn't find the overclapping of maximum valance band and the minimum conductivity band.They are just combining.I think the energy gap is zero.But not -0.3.   What could I do? The method of LDA+U is well for HgTe or HgSe?What'the value of U?
       Thank you for advance.

                                                                                Mary