[Wien] How to construct AF II CoO supercell

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Wed Oct 18 12:47:13 CEST 2006

No, supercell does not support R lattices.

Two choices:
Transform the cell to hexagonal symmetry. (See the 2 possible spacegroup
settings at the bilbao server.
Since the lattice parameters are already in the hex. unit cell, all you
neec to to is change R to H;
and add the corresponding positions by hand: eg. from (0,0,0) in R
-->>(0,0,0)+(1/3,2/3,2/3)+(2/3,1/3,1/3)

This gives you already a 3x bigger cell. Further increase is possible
using supercell.

or use the new structeditor (see UG). It requires a bit of "thinking"
what you want to do, but is very powerfull and can create "any" cell you
like.