[Wien] Results of ferromagnetic state is same as ferrimagnetic state?

Stefaan Cottenier Stefaan.Cottenier at fys.kuleuven.be
Sun Oct 22 15:16:32 CEST 2006

As your results for the magnetic moments show, you obtained twice the
ferrimagnetic solution. That frequently happens, it is not because you
specify some starting configuration in case.inst that it will end up
in the same configuartion after the scf cycle. If you really need the
ferromagnetic solution, you can try a FSM (fixed spin moment)
calculation, specifying a magnetic moment in the unit cell that is the
sum of all absolute values of the ferrimagnetic moments (= somewhat
larger than 4.0). Or you can turn to the non-collinear code wienncm
(requires a different license and installation), where you can specify
and keep frozen any configuration you want.

Stefaan

--
Stefaan Cottenier
Instituut voor Kern- en Stralingsfysica