[Wien] Speedup of WIEN2k compillation

Torsten Andersen thor at physik.uni-kl.de
Tue Oct 24 12:44:55 CEST 2006

OK, that makes it a bit easier. You need to unpack Wien2k in one
directory for each option, and run siteconfig in each of these
directories (use ./siteconfig_lapw as the calling command in each
directory). Unset the environment variable WIENROOT if it is set...

Best regards,
Torsten Andersen.

shaposh at isp.nsc.ru wrote:
> I want to test different compiler options.
>
> Best Regards,
> A.Shaposhnikov
>
> On Tuesday 24 October 2006 17:30, Torsten Andersen wrote:
>
>>Excuse me... hahahahaha... but I guess that then you have to do the
>>recompiling manually. After configuring the parameters, exit the
>>siteconfig. Change to SRC_lapw1, etc., and type "make real" (each in a
>>separate shell), thereafter "make complex", and so on... you can not
>>make real and complex at the same time, but lapw1 and lapw2, etc., can
>>be made in parallel.
>>
>>Of course I also want to know why you need to do this... in the new
>>Wien2k (as opposed to Wien97) you should only need to compile once.
>>
>>Best regards,
>>Torsten Andersen.
>>
>>shaposh at isp.nsc.ru wrote:
>>
>>>Hello Mr. Andersen,
>>>
>>>You didn't understand me. I need to speed up compillation of WIEN2k
>>>software itself.
>>>
>>>Best Regards,
>>>A.Shaposhnikov

Dr. Torsten Andersen        TA-web: http://deep.at/myspace/
AG Hübner, Department of Physics, Kaiserslautern University
http://cmt.physik.uni-kl.de    http://www.physik.uni-kl.de/