[Wien] Compiling WIEN2k for AMD Opteron with Intel ifort

shaposh@isp.nsc.ru shaposh at isp.nsc.ru
Wed Oct 25 15:33:18 CEST 2006

Dear  Natasha,

1. Intel MKL gives lower performance for AMD A64/Opteron, compared with AMD
acml, not to say compared with Goto BLAS library (which is best)
2. As i said, i have no problem compiling serial executables (lapw1), but i
cant  (yet) figure out how to compile MPI version, that is lapw1_mpi. I cant
link scalapack and blasc libraries, neither from netlib or supplied by AMD.

By the way, another important consideration - my experience shows that 64-bit
executables may be significantly faster in some cases. I have seen 40-60%
speedup (although average value is lower).

Best Regards,
A. Shaposhnikov