[Wien] clmval

Lyudmila Dobysheva lyu at otf.pti.udm.ru
Fri Oct 27 12:32:09 CEST 2006

>    I wish to compute clmval for a single atom
>    but at a specific position in a cell. However,
>    I always get a warning indicating that the
>    the atom should be shifted to the origin during
>    initialization. If I ignore the warnings, i get the
>    following error at x dstart: ROTDEF - Error
>    How do I circumvent this problem?

The program optimises the cell and give you 48 operations of symmetry for the
cell with shifted atom. You haven't shifted - the error appears.
I'd advise you to put two different atoms in the cell: one in 0, 0, 0, another
into your desired position, better without any symmetry (for example, 0.2 0.3
0.4). You'll receive the struct file with only one symmetry operation.
I think that if you make your struct file (with one atom) by hand looking at
that with two atoms you'll be able to pass through intialization.

Though I wonder why you need such a calculation.

Best wishes
Lyudmila Dobysheva
Phys.-Techn. Institute of       | Tel.(home):   7 (3412) 442118
Ural Br. of Russian Ac. of Sci. | Tel.(office): 7 (3412) 218988
426001 Izhevsk, ul.Kirova 132   | Fax:          7 (3412) 250614
RUSSIA                          | E-mail: lyu at otf.fti.udmurtia.su