[Wien] lapw2 segmentation fault

Gerhard Fecher fecher at uni-mainz.de
Fri Sep 1 14:39:52 CEST 2006

Most probably youre other computer has slightly different libraries,
it is hard to say under which condition the segmentation fault occurs,
I observed also that it depends strongly on the gcc libraries but could not find a general resolution.

The only thing about static linking is that you can easily transfer the executables from one to another computer,
but the speed is for dynamic linking rather the same. So just use dynamic linking.
Depending on youre set-up it may just be fine to leave the -static away and it will link the dynamic libraries, in case you can check with ldd