[Wien] volume optimisation of Fe2O3

Chandrika rcais at cal3.vsnl.net.in
Wed Sep 13 05:15:24 CEST 2006

Thanks Gerhard and Torsten for the suggestions.
I reduced the convergence criteria and could obtain the optimised value
at -12.5% volume. Somehow the structure files were getting the x-y-z
positions all wrong in the various volume files, when I used the more
stringent criteria.
On the basis of experimental values I was expecting the volume optimisation
to show a minimum around say 5%.
I studied total energies at different k points and found 600 as the optimum
(as suggested in Optimisation Notes).
Thank you for your help,
Chandrika