[Wien] Conroe benchmarks

Max Braun mbraun at scientia.up.ac.za
Tue Sep 19 09:28:15 CEST 2006

Are the calculations reliable?

Intel has announced errors - the floating point inexact number flag is a
serious fault for calculations.

http://download.intel.com/design/processor/specupdt/31327902.pdf

Intel will only repair the faults on a 6-month horizon.

is this a case of the computer multiplying your mistakes another order of
magnitude faster?

Max Braun