[Wien] A question about EELS

Jorissen Kevin kevin.jorissen at ua.ac.be
Mon Apr 16 23:52:26 CEST 2007

Hi BoKang,

TELNES2 calculates

      integral(alfa,beta) [  dOmega      d^2/dE/dOmega  Sigma  (E,Omega==Q)  ]

which is indeed a differential cross section as a function of energy.  (alfa and beta are collection and convergence semiangles of microscope and detector ; E is energy loss, and Q=kf-ki is impulse transfer ; d^2/dE/dOmega  Sigma  (E,Omega==Q)  is the double differential scattering cross section).  This function is in case.elnes.  It is then broadened, and the result is written to case.broadspec.

Let us know if you have further questions!

Kevin.

Kevin Jorissen
University of Washington
Dept. of Physics