[Wien] Elasticity Package

saadi LAMARI s_lamari at yahoo.fr
Sun Apr 29 17:23:18 CEST 2007

Dear Wien2k users

As beginners in the use of the WIEN2k package, we are
trying to learn how to compute the elastic constants.

We therefore started with a simple system, zinc blende
GaAs.

After creating the GaAs.struct file using W2WEB , we
executed the following command 'init_elast' at the
prompt level in a terminal window.
However we got the following error message:

.../wienroot/genetempl: Command not found
cp cannot stat 'tetra.templ': No such file or
directory
cp cannot stat 'rhomb.templ': No such file or
directory

For more info, may I just add that our version is
Wien2k_05.

Could anyone out there tell us what this means and
what should be done to remedy the situation.

With our most sincere thanks in advance.

Regards,
S. Lamari