[Wien] relativistic local orbital and the value of emax

Mary White us.white at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 23 12:18:01 CEST 2007

Dear users,
    I know in the SO calculations,relativistic local orbital could be included.I have read some mailinglist, RLO should be included for 5p or 6p electrons of very heavy elements.Is it so? But I am still not clear which elements must be included RLOs.Could you give me some suggestions about this?
    Also,if not including RLOs in case.inso, whether or not the emax in case.in1 and case.inso should be enlarged?
    Before our calculation,it is important to determine a good basis set size ,that is RKmax, and k-mesh.Then,whether should we test the emax before our calculation?If so,how to do? Is it the same as the method of testing RKmax and k-mesh,ploting Energy vs emax?
    Look forward to your help. Thanks in  advance.

                                                                                          Mary