[Wien] MKL 10 linking

awronka@uni.lodz.pl awronka at uni.lodz.pl
Mon Dec 3 23:45:12 CET 2007

                Dear mkl 10 Users,

I've run more tests with with mkl 10 dynamic linking and recognized that
can realize more aggressive optimization ( "-O3 -xX" where X=T is for my
Core 2 Duo proc and X=P for Pentium IV) for all WIEN2k progs besides
lapw2, where "-O1 -xX" only. For more offensive optimization lapw2 crashed
with segmentation error.

What about  new propositions for dynamic and static MKL 10 linking?

Greetengs,

Andrzej

>Dear Gerhard, please check these options - it seems to work (Centos 5, Suse
>10.3) with mkl 10 (ifort fce 10):

O: -FR -mp1 -w -prec_div -pad -ip -DINTEL_VML -O0 -traceback
L: $(FOPT) -L/your_mkl_10_em64t_library_path -lpthread
R: -lmkl_intel_lp64 -lmkl_sequential -lmkl_core -lpthread

Regards

Andrzej