[Wien] question about how to continue calculation on a supercomputer with unix system (Stefaan Cottenier)

Stefaan Cottenier Stefaan.Cottenier at fys.kuleuven.be
Wed Dec 12 07:49:22 CET 2007

> I am not sure I understood your  answer. If I run "run_lapw -i 1
> -NI". then "In this way, every
> iteration is technically independent of what came before, and all
> info about the previous iterations is used and read from files. "
> Does it mean that after this iteration, the result will be saved
> back the files? therefore I may continue to run another iteration?

At the end of every iteration, the results of that iteration are
always available as files. The -1 option makes sure you do just one
iteration, and therefore you can can reliably determine the queue
class and you avoid that the job is killed halfway an iteration. The
-NI tells wien2k to use the previous mixing history (which it needs
for fast convergence).

Stefaan