[Wien] EFG calculation

Jianfeng Zhu jzhu32 at uwo.ca
Thu Dec 13 21:57:52 CET 2007

Hi There,

When I run wien2k to calculate EFG of rutile (TiO2) using default parameters, it shows the following error in the uplapw1.error file:
     'INILPW' - can't open unit: 18
     'INILPW' -        filename: rutile.vspup
     'INILPW' -          status: old          form: formatted
     'LAPW1' - INILPW aborted unsuccessfully.
It also said "Error in lapw2" in lapw2.error.
Does anyone know how to solve this problem.

Also is there anyone who has experience in calculating EFG around here? If it's possible, could you please give me some help on it? Thank you in advance.

Peter