[Wien] question for case.inst

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Fri Dec 14 11:35:55 CET 2007

This number is not used anymore.

NOTE: Using WIEN2k_04 means: You wast a huge factor of cpu time (and
risk to use a buggy version).

WIEN2k07.3 has

a new mixer (thanks to L.Marks), which can speed up scf in difficult
     cases by factors 2 - 10  !!!

an iterative diagonalization: which speeds up larger cases by a factor 3

a charge density extrapolation (which speeds up min_lapw by another factor 3

++++

I really don't understand why anybody would still use WIEN2k_04, except
he does only very small and easy calculations.

PS: I'll release in the next days WIEN2k_08 with some important fixes (in
particular for the new features mentioned above).