[Wien] ISPLIT

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Wed Dec 19 16:12:38 CET 2007

1) "eg-t2g" is exact only in a cubic case. TiO2 is distorted.
2) Nevertheless, one could call these states approximately eg-t2g.
    However, such a definition depends on the local coordinate system.
    Eg-t2g is defined when the x,y,z axis point exactly towards the
    ligands (O atoms). This is NOT AT ALL true for TiO2.
3) In TiO2 a non-unity local rotation matrix occurs. This means, your
    coordinate system is not even along the crystal axis. And in this
    coordinate system, a d-x2-y2 and d-z2 orbital are NOT the "eg"-orbitals.
4) I guess there are two possibilities: Either workout a proper local
    rotation matrix which you must put into case.struct just before
    you run "x lapw2 -qtl"; or check the code (lapw2). At some time we had
    an undocumented feature (input in case.in2), which made such a rotation.
    I don't know if it is still in and working.