[Wien] About the occupation of atoms!!

Hong Jiang jiang at fhi-berlin.mpg.de
Wed Dec 26 12:10:14 CET 2007

Hi,
I guess your question is a little puzzling. What do you mean by
"occupation of atoms"? Do you mean the occupation numbers in case.inst?
If I understand your question correctly, you are trying to calculate an
alloy with fractional number of atoms. But a normal DFT calculation can
only treat integral number of atoms. To model alloys with fractional
number of atoms you have to model a supercell with consistent ratios. In
your case, you need to model a supercell of at least Mo24Si15C3
(probably more is needed). You can also use the so-called virtual
crystal approximation to model alloys in a cheaper and approximate way.

-Hong