[Wien] a LSDA+U question

Hong Jiang jiang at fhi-berlin.mpg.de
Wed Dec 26 12:26:54 CET 2007

Hi Zhong,
I also found this phenomenon in many cases, and I think it is reasonable.
First of all, the total energy itself can not provide directly the
information about the stability of the system. One needs to calculate
the difference between total energies calculated with the same method to
get that information.
Secondly, there is no theory saying that LDA+U always stabilize the
system more that LDA.

All the best,
-Hong