[Wien] About (7,3) chiral nanowire

Ruben Weht ruweht at cnea.gov.ar
Thu Feb 1 21:07:54 CET 2007

Dear Sen,

Some time ago I did some calculations on those chiral nanowires,
in particular those made by Au and Pt.
I think the system is too big for Wien2k, it has 85 different atoms
and no symmetries (my calculations were done with a tight
binding code).
I have included a xyz file with the positions of the atoms.
It is for Pt, you have to scale it for Au.
Positions are in Ansgtroms.

Best regards,

                      Ruben

> Dear Wien users,
>                 If I want to generate the coordinates of a
>                 triangular
> lattice for a (7,3) chiral Au nanowire to find the energy
> stability using WIEN2K, how should I proceed? I would
> greatly appreciate if you could please help me out in
> letting me know of the 1D version of the WIEN2K code.
> Best regards,
> Sen

|  Ruben Weht                                   |
|  Departmento de Fisica - CNEA                 |
|  Avda. General Paz y Constituyentes           |
|  1650 - San Martin - ARGENTINA                |
|  Email:  ruweht at cnea.gov.ar                   |
|  Tel: (54-11) 6772-7104                       |
|  Fax: (54-11) 6772-7121                       |