[Wien] Compilation on SGI Altix 4700

Martin Hilgeman hilgeman at sgi.com
Mon Jan 15 16:33:16 CET 2007

Dear Maosheng,

On 01/13/2007 01:19 AM, Miao, Maosheng wrote:
> Dear WIEN users,
>
> I am compiling WIEN2k_06 on a SGI Altix 4700 machine. While I run
> sitecofig_lapw I was prompt to choose the system. I tried SGI Altix 3000
> and then Linux (Intel ifort 8 or 9 ...) and eventually GENERIC but none
> of them works. The first two choices gave message like "Selecting system
> XXXXX, please wait ...)   foreach: No match." The generic choice gave
> find more info such as user, uid, shell etc, but then again "Selecting
> system generic, please wait ...      Foreach: No match."

For SGI Altix systems, it is the best to choose option "S1" in the
system configuration panel. If you have done that, then you also need to
change the compiler names from 'efc' to 'ifort' for the Fortan compiler
and 'ecc' to 'icc' for the C/C++ compiler. Also don't forget the change
the path names to the location where your BLAS and LAPACK library have
been installed.

It would perhaps be the most helpful if you could send me your OPTIONS file.

regards,

-Martin

--
Martin Hilgeman                   Chemical Applications Engineering
                                  Phone:  +31(0)30-6696725
SGI                               E-mail: hilgeman at sgi.com
The Netherlands                   URL:    http://www.sgi.com/go/chembio