[Wien] "gamma not equal 90" and dstart error

Stefaan Cottenier Stefaan.Cottenier at fys.kuleuven.be
Sun Jan 28 20:53:43 CET 2007

The message "gamma not equal 90" is not an error message, but only a
notification. According to your description, the structure you have
specified in case.struct can be represented in a better way by another
(probably smaller, more symmetrical) unit cell. This is the cell given
case.struct_sgroup. The lattice built from the latter cell and from
your original cell must be identical -- in general there is no need to
refuse the suggestion by sgroup. It is up to you to check whether your
original case.struct really represents the structure you want to have
or not.

Stefaan

--
Stefaan Cottenier