[Wien] "gamma not equal 90" and dstart error

Stefaan Cottenier Stefaan.Cottenier at fys.kuleuven.be
Mon Jan 29 09:25:36 CET 2007

> If i accept the cell(gamma is not  equal 90) given by sgroup,
> because of the cell's periodical  arrangement the crystal will not
> accord with the real  crystal(experimental).

There are two issues:

1) The infinite lattice built from the cell given by sgroup will
exactly coincide with the infinite lattice built from the cell by
case.struct. Guaranteed. (unless there would be a bug in sgroup)

2) If you made a mistake in case.struct, then of course the cell by
sgroup will not coincide with experiment because your original input
did not coincide with experiment.

First verify whether your original case.struct really represents the
lattice you want (make a 3D picture, inspect case.outputnn, ...). If
so, then do the same tests for the sgroup cell to convince you that
indeed they are representing the same structure.

Stefaan