[Wien] Version 7.1

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Wed Jan 31 22:19:04 CET 2007

Thanks for this email.
Yes I can confirm this problem in dstart.f and it should simply read:
rhok=(0.d0,0.d0)

I've also fixed the "elast"-package (see a previous thread in the
mailing list) (anaelast.f in SRC_elast). It worked only, when MULT=1 for
all atoms, but failed otherwise.

Finally, I forgot to mention on the update page, that we introduced a
new format for case.klist (SRC_kgen). SRC_lapw1 (inilpw.f) has been
updated and can deal with both, the old and new format. But of course
the old versions of lapw1 will NOT work properly with the new format. Be
aware, that the code might even run !!, but since it reads klist
incorrectly it will have a wrong k-mesh.
So in essence: When running with OLD sources, don't use the NEW
initialization.

PS: It happened to me just today, that I initialized a new case locally
(with new sources), and then shipped it to a compute-cluster where we
still had the old sources !! -- Desaster --

The corrected sources of dstart and elast (and of the whole WIEN2k
package) are on the web. (Version is now called 7.1a)

Regards