[Wien] Questions 1 about the unit cell of a orthrobic structure in an old Wien2k version/2 install of the new version of wien2k

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Thu Jul 5 11:18:38 CEST 2007

This is a A-centered cell, thus the primitive cell has only hlaf the
number of atoms compared to the conventional cell.
Compare this to bcc Fe: There is of course only one atom in the primitive
cell, but the conventuonal cell (one cube) has two atoms.

> I am using an old version of wien2k (maybe the initial one in 2000) based on a cluster (supermicro, 8 clusters). The OS is linux on of Beowulf cluster operating software. I build a unit cell of SrBi2Ta2O9 whose space group is NO.36 A21am.(The structure file is attached). After I input that atom position into the program. I could find 28 atoms  in "StructGenTM" menu (with/without equivalent positions)But I know actually there should be 56 atoms in the unit cell.
> Is anything wrong there? I mean if the program will count 56 atoms in doing calculation? Or it will only calculate the 28 atoms what I see from the "StructGenTM" menu. I want to make it sure.

I would even try it without update first. If it most likely NOT a problem
with WIEN2k, but eventually with the F90 compiler which may not work
anymore on an old Linux version.