[Wien] [WIEN]how to mark the vacancy atom in struct file?

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Fri Jul 6 07:42:39 CEST 2007

a) Fort total energies do NOT use a "vacancy atom". It is better to simply
remove the vacant atom and let the palne waves do their job.

b) For "analysis" (like vacancy DOS) it may sometimes be usefull.During
init_lapw set Z=1; after init_lapw edit the struct file and case.in2.
Reduce Z to zero and reduce NE by one electron.